- This event has passed.
8hr Med Tech Refresher Training 10-29-2023
October 29 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm PDT$90.00
This mandatory yearly refresher course is a comprehensive course has been developed for certified caregivers to renew there certificate after completing this eight (8) hour Training Course. Caregivers must go through this course before carrying out this highly sensitive medication responsibility.
• Identify laws related to assisting with medications
• Explain how to read prescriptions
• Abbreviations, and how to clarify an order, correct labels
• Describe the different routes
• Define the different forms of medications
• Six “Rights” of Medication Administration
• Identify the most common classes of medications
• Self-Administration of Non-prescription Medication
• Describe side effects
• Identify ways to store medication
• Medication Side Effects and Drug Interactions
• Misuse of Medications
Certificate: After successful completion of the training course, you will receive your eight (8) hour Med Tech certification that is valid for twelve months (1 year) from the date of your course completion date.